UNIPORT Environmental Engineering Masters & PhD Admissions
University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has announced the commencement of the sale of its application form for admission into its Environmental Engineering Technology Postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. The courses offered includes Masters and PhD in Environmental Engineering Technology and Environmental Technology. To be eligible to apply for Masters program candidates must possess the following: second-class lower in any Engineering or Science Discipline and completion of NYSC. To be eligible to apply for PhD program candidates must have completed a masters in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Technology with a minimum CGPA of 3.50. The program structure consist of taught courses, industrial attachment and research.
Application is being invited for admission from all interested and suitably qualified candidates in the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) into its Environmental Engineering Technology Postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
List of Courses Offered
UNIPORT’s robust postgraduate offerings in Environmental Engineering Technology aim to equip students with advanced knowledge and practical skills in tackling some of the world’s most pressing environmental challenges. The available programmes are:
- Masters in Environmental Engineering Technology (MEET), with degrees awarded being:
- M.Eng. in Environmental Engineering Technology
- M.Sc. in Environmental Technology
- PhD in Environmental Engineering Technology, with degrees awarded being:
- PhD in Environmental Engineering Technology
- PhD in Environmental Technology
Setting the Bar: Eligibility Requirements
Candidates seeking to pursue a Masters programme must meet the following criteria:
- For the M.Eng. programme, applicants must hold at least a Second-Class Lower degree in any Engineering discipline.
- For the M.Sc. programme, candidates must have a minimum Second-Class Lower degree in any Science discipline.
- All applicants must have completed the NYSC programme.
For the PhD programmes, the eligibility requirements are:
- For the PhD in Environmental Engineering Technology, candidates must have completed a Masters in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Engineering Technology with a minimum CGPA of 3.50.
- For the PhD in Environmental Technology, candidates must have completed a Masters in Environmental Technology or an equivalent discipline (e.g., Environmental Science) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50.
A Closer Look at the Programme Structure
UNIPORT’s Environmental Engineering Technology programmes blend rigorous academic coursework, industry attachment, and research, providing students with a comprehensive educational experience. The courses, which are delivered by seasoned academics and industry experts, cover a wide range of subjects such as Logistics, Waste Water Engineering and Design, Solid and Hazardous Waste Management and Control, Air Quality, Modelling and Climate Change, Water and Land Pollution, Treatment and Control, Entrepreneurship and Management, Environmental Pollution, Noise and Vibration, and many more!
Mode of Application
Prospective candidates can obtain the application forms at the Environmental Engineering Technology Office, located in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Port Harcourt. Alternatively, they can download the form via the University portal by clicking here.
The deadline for applications for the 2023/2024 session is the 22nd of September, 2023.
For further enquiries, please call or send a WhatsApp message to 08153099905.