Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU) Postgraduate Admission Form 2023/2024
The Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU) has announced the commencement of the sale of its application form for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. See how to apply below.
Application is being invited for admission from all interested and suitably qualified candidates in the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU) into its various postgraduate programs for the 2023/2024 academic session. The institution offer range of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D. programmes. Below are the guideline on how to apply for the admission.
SEE ALSO: UMYU Postgraduate Courses
UMYU Postgraduate Eligibility Criteria and Course Duration
A. Eligibility for Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
Who Can Apply?
- Graduates from accredited universities
- Individuals possessing a Higher National Diploma (HND) with a Lower Credit pass or equivalent, in relevant fields.
- Those holding an HND without an educational background but have accrued three years of relevant postgraduate experience.
- Candidates with qualifications other than the ones listed but deemed acceptable by UMYU’s Board of Postgraduate and Senate.
Candidates with a Third-Class degree in non-educational fields can be considered after three years of pertinent postgraduate experience. Those specialised in Education may be considered in their area of expertise.
All applicants will undergo a selection process that may include a screening or entrance examination.
B. Eligibility for Master’s Degree Programmes
General Master’s Programmes
- Graduates from accredited universities with a minimum of Second-Class Honours or its equivalent.
- Candidates with a Second-Class Lower degree and an additional Postgraduate Diploma at Credit pass level gain a competitive edge.
Professional Master’s Programmes
- Graduates with a Second-Class Honours degree or its equivalent in a related field.
- Individuals with a Third-Class degree and at least five years of relevant work experience.
- Candidates possessing an HND with a minimum of a Credit pass, alongside a Postgraduate Diploma at a Credit pass level.
C. Eligibility for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Who Can Apply?
- Candidates must possess a robust Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in a field relevant to the proposed area of study.
- Graduates who have acquired a Master of Philosophy degree with a CGPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale can proceed for a Ph.D. in an area pertinent to their field.
- Prospective students must also have at least a Second-Class Lower Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates are required to submit a research proposal synopsis of no less than 500 words.
General Matriculation Requirements
Regardless of the chosen programme, candidates must satisfy UMYU’s matriculation requirements: a minimum of five Credit passes in O’level examinations, including Mathematics and English.
Duration of Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma: 2 to 4 Semesters
- Masters in Resource Development: 2 to 4 Semesters
- Master’s Programmes: 4 to 6 Semesters
- Ph.D. Programmes: 6 to 10 Semesters
Application Timeline and Procedures
How to Apply for Admission
Eligible candidates can apply online through the UMYU Postgraduate Application Portal. The portal also outlines the payment procedures for the application fee, set at N10,500.
Candidates must request their prior academic institutions to forward their transcripts to the Secretary of the Postgraduate School at UMYU, either digitally or in hard copy, accompanied by Form B. The email address for digital transcript submission is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications
Completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted to the Secretary of the Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, no later than 30th November 2023.