FIRS Recruitment 2023/2024 | FIRC Application Portal www.firs.gov.ng.
This page will provide the right information related to FIRS Recruitment. All you need to do is to focus and read through to get the right information concerning FIRS Recruitment.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service started as part of a colonial tax organisation under the name the Inland Revenue Department of Anglophone West Africa.
Read also: NISER Recruitment
The Nigerian Federal Inland Revenue Service was created in 1943, when it was carved out of the erstwhile Inland Revenue Department that covered what was then the Anglo-phone West Africa (including Ghana, Gambia and Sierra Leone) during the colonial era. In 1958 the Board of Inland Revenue was established under the Income Tax Ordinance of 1958. After various transformations in 1961 and 1993, Federal Inland Revenue service (FIRS) as the operational arm of FBIR, secured its autonomy through the emergence of FIRS (Establishment) Act 13 of 2007. The commencement date of this Act was 16th April, 2007. The Act is a compendium of establishment, powers, management, financial provisions, tax administration and other provisions guiding the administration of FIRS.
Currently, FIRS is one of the Federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) charged primarily with the responsibility of accessing, collecting and accounting for the various taxes to the federal government. In a Revenue Collection agency like the FIRS, quality service delivery is critical to success.
In our quest to deliver quality service to taxpayers and operate an efficient and transparent tax system that optimizes tax revenue collection for National Development as stipulated in our vision/mission statement, this charter has been published to set out the services provided by FIRS and the standards our esteemed clients (Taxpayers and other Stakeholders) should expect every time they deal with us.
Under the old structure as prescribed by the CITA, cap 60, LFN 1990a, the FIRS was an operating arm of the Federal Board of Inland Revenue (FBIR). This Act also created the office of the Chairman of the Board.
The Federal Inland Revenue Commission (FIRS) is currently recruiting. See application procedures, requirements and available job vacancies. FIRS Recruitment portal is www.firs.gov.ng. To successfully apply for FIRS 2023 recruitment, you need to get the right information and details on how to apply below.
Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS Tax) is a compulsory levy imposed on the income of individuals, corporate bodies and government agencies for the financing of government expenditures. The Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to engage the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce.
FIRS Recruitment Requirement
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversant with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
How to Apply for FIRS Recruitment.
To apply, kindly visit the official portal at www.firs.gov.ng to make your application. Please note that currently, FIRS recruitment has not yet started. Drop your email address in the comment section below so we can inform you when it has started.
If you need more information on FIRS Recruitment 2023, kindly let us know in the comment section below and we will keep you informed.
That has been the information gathered by our team, hope it meet exactly what you looked for.