British High Commission Recruitment for a BMATT Nigeria Travel Clerk, 2021
This is to inform the general public that British High Commission Recruitment for a BMATT Nigeria Travel Clerk is ongoing. Interested and qualified applicants are advice to follow the procedure below for application processes. See how to apply for British High Commission Recruitment below;
British High Commission Recruitment 2021
The British High Commission Abuja is the diplomatic mission of the British sovereign and the British Government to Nigeria, representing the United Kingdom and the United Kingdom’s interests. It is located at Maitama in Abuja, the federal capital territory of Nigeria.
British High Commission Recruitment Position
Job Title: BMATT Nigeria Travel Clerk – A1
Ref Id: 35/19 ABJ
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Start Date: 1 November 2019
Type of Position: Full-time
Working hours per week: 37
Grade: A1 (L)
- To support the effective day-to-day running of BMATT’s travel team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and run an efficient travel booking scheme
- Provides answers about travel policies and processes
- Confers with clients by telephone, writing or in person to answer questions regarding services and travel preferences
- Process information-compiling, categorization, calculating, auditing and verifying data within the budgeted resources
- Provides information concerning fares, availability of flights and accommodation
- Provide excellent and efficient solutions to problems that may arise with travel bookings. Support to the overall BMATT travel team within the budgeted resources
- Other duties as may be assigned by Line Manager.
British High Commission Recruitment Requirements
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in Travel administration e.g. in travel agent role.
- Customer service orientation and attention to details at all times.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision. A positive attitude is essential.
- Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience of working in a Team to deliver a quality service in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritise.
- A good command of English language – both verbally and in writing.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Familiar with the principles and processes for flight and hotel bookings.
- Experience of working in a travel agency
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector reform or with the military.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Starting Monthly Salary
How to Apply for British High Commission Recruitment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to; The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application
If you want to stay updated when British High Commission Recruitment 2021, kindly drop your email address in the comment section below. Please share this article with others to keep them informed.