Borno State University Post-UTME/DE Form 2023/2024
Borno State University (BOSU), Maiduguri Post-UTME and Direct Entry Application for the 2023/2024 academic session is on sale. Application is being invited from all interested and suitably qualified for admission. Below are the procedures on how to apply and the eligibility criteria.
The management of the Borno State University (BOSU) Maiduguri has announced the commencement of the sale of its Post-UTME and Direct Entry application form for admission for the 2023/2024 academic session. All that is required to embark on a journey towards higher education at Borno State University (BOSU) is provided in this post.
Online Platform Now Open for 2023/2024 Registrations
The online registration platform for screening candidates aspiring to enrol in undergraduate programmes at BOSU for the academic session of 2023/2024 is officially open. This presents a seamless avenue for prospective students to undertake their applications.
Eligibility Criteria for BOSU’s Post UTME and Direct Entry
- University Preference: Applicants must have selected Borno State University as their top preference. Furthermore, they must attain a score equal to or exceeding the requisite cut-off mark, which starts at 140. Note: Some programmes demand a higher score. For details, visit BOSU’s cut-off mark information.
- Academic Merits: A minimum of five relevant credits at ‘O’ level is mandatory, including core subjects like English and Mathematics.
- UTME Subjects: Candidates must have attempted pertinent subject combinations in the 2023 UTME.
- Direct Entry Requirements: Direct Entry aspirants need to:
- Boast of at least five relevant ‘O’ level credits (including English and Mathematics).
- Have achieved a minimum of 9 points in NCE, a lower credit in ND/HND, or a Second Class Lower in a Degree programme.
- Changing Preferences: If an aspirant’s score is below the selected programme’s requirement but meets another’s, they’re advised to switch courses via the JAMB portal.
- Uploading ‘O’ Level Results: An imperative step is the uploading of ‘O’ level results to the JAMB website. Delay or negligence in this step could jeopardise admission chances.
- Awaiting Results: Those pending their ‘O’ Level results should denote ‘Awaiting Result’ during the application and upload as soon as available.
How to Apply for BOSU Post UTME Screening
- Navigate to BOSU’s official website: Bosu.edu.ng and select PORTAL.
- Access the Post UTME Portal.
- Opt for ‘New application’.
- A login page appears. Use your phone number as both username and password.
- You’ll be redirected to the REMITA payment platform. The payment methods are as follows:
- ATM Card Payment:
- Click on ‘proceed to payment’.
- Select your card type (Master Card, Verve Card, etc.).
- Input card details, ATM PIN and confirm.
- An OTP will be sent for transaction verification.
- Finalise with the OTP. A fee of N2,000.00 will be deducted.
- Bank Payment:
- Click on ‘proceed to payment’.
- Choose a bank and submit your details.
- Print the e-invoice with the Remita Reference No. and pay N2,000.00 at a commercial bank.
- Obtain a payment receipt from the bank.
- Post payment, revisit the BOSU website. Go to ‘POST UTME PORTAL’, opt for ‘existing applicant’, and log in with your phone number.
- Select your preferred programme of study.
- Input your O’ level examination results (maximum of two sittings). Direct Entry applicants should additionally input institution details and diploma/statement of result obtained.
- (For DE Candidates Only): Upload required documents. Ensure each document is between 200kb and 300Kb and in PDF format.
- Review your application meticulously before submitting.
- Post submission, your application page will be displayed. For reference, consider printing your application by clicking ‘Print Application’.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2023
For any questions or clarification, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 07014449880