Young Professionals Program (YPP) – World Bank.
The Young Professional Program (YPP) will be accepting applications Soon YP Cohort.
The World Bank Group (WBG) welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Specifically, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Check out the Facebook Live: Q&A with World Bank Young Professionals Program for useful tips and information. Watch this space for an upcoming Facebook Live on June 10th.
The YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the WBG. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources to name a few.
To be competitive, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
Over the years, the YPP has hired over 1,800 people for positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors.
Every year, around 45 to 50 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
· Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
· Be born on or after October 1, 1987
· A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
· Fluency in English
· Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages — Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish — is desired, but not required
· Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
· At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable: