UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Form – 2021/2022 is Out
The University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT postgraduate programme admission form for the 2021/2022 academic session is now on sale. UNIPORT Postgraduate form is now available for purchase online.
The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session.
UNIPORT Postgraduate General Admission Requirements & Duration.
Programmes are available in all Faculties for the PGD, Master’s and Doctoral Degrees in the various disciplines on offer.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- All candidates require a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics for all the courses. However, candidates who obtained their O’Level Certificates before 2012 without a credit pass in Mathematics and wish to gain admission into the following Departments are eligible to apply:
- Faculty of Humanities: All the Departments in the Faculty of Humanities.
- Faculty of Education: All the Departments in the Faculty of Education.
- Faculty of Social Sciences: All the Departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences except the Department of Economics.
ALL PGP PROGRAMMES
- The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a Bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines. Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders, a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
- For the Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry (PGDC) Programme, candidates with Third Class need not apply.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a first Degree in another field and, in addition, a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative background. Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for a Master’s Degree in the relevant field.
- Generally, for the PhD Programmes, candidates should have a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the Department or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level. Admission will be based on interview performance. PhD involves course work and qualifying examination.
- Candidates must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with a Medical Degree of recognized University.
- In addition to the above, candidates must possess either a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or at least an M.Sc Degree from a recognized University after the MBBS Degree.
DURATION OF GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
A. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- The Programme is to run on a Full-Time basis to last for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months, and two consecutive long vacations of eight (8) weeks each for the sandwich programme.
B. MBA Programme
- Full-Time: Minimum of 24 Calendar Months and Maximum of 36 Calendar Months while Part-Time is a Minimum of 36 Calendar Months and a Maximum of 48 Calendar Months.
C. MD and MS Programmes
- The Programmes will last for at least 24 Calendar Months.
D. PhD Programmes
- Full-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months.
- Part-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 84 calendar months.
E. DBA Programme
- Full-time candidates shall be required to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years from the date of first registration.
- Part-time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
How to Apply for UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Form
Application Fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (
N15,000.00) should be paid online at any of the following Banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank and Sterling Bank.
It is mandatory for every candidate to pay the sum of Seven Thousand Naira (
N7,000.00) for Prospectus.
Candidates should also visit http://www.sgs.uniportdatacenter.net/apply.php to download the Application Forms after payment.
Please note that payment for Application Form does not guarantee admission and the application fee is non-refundable.
ENCLOSURES TO ACCOMPANY THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Please enclose two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form
For further inquiries, please contact the following between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
THE GRADUATE STUDIES OFFICER
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES – 09062546997
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
P. M. B. 5323, PORT HARCOURT.
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
NO. 6 HARARE STREET
WUSE ZONE 6 – 08037086089
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
LAGOS LIAISON OFFICE
23 BUSH STREET, OKUPE ESTATE, – 08023415448
CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 31, 2021.