UNIMED Post UTME / Direct Entry Form 2023/2024
This is to inform all intending candidates that University of Medical Sciences, (UNIMED) has officially released their Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form for 2023/2024 academic session. See how to obtain UNIMED Post UTME Form below…
The management of University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) published this news on their portal asking all aspiring students to purchase the form as it is available online in the school portal. However, interested applicants can also check out the available courses and requirements on this site before purchasing the form.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State various degree programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
About University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
University of Medical Sciences, Ondo is a university of medical sciences in Ondo City, Nigeria, owned by the Ondo State Government, established in 2015. It is the third specialized medical university in Africa and Nigeria’s first specialized medical university to be accredited by the National Universities Commission.
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences Courses.
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
Faculty of Dental Sciences
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
Faculty of Nursing Science
- Nursing Science (B.NSc.)
Faculty of Science
- Physics (Electronics and Medical Physics Options)
- Biological Sciences (Animal & Environmental Biology; Microbiology; Plant Biology and Biotechnology Options)
Breaking Down Eligibility for the UNIMED Admission Process
- Post-UTME Candidates: If you opted for the “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” as your first-choice institution in the 2023/2024 UTME and scored 150 or above, you’re eligible to apply for the Post UTME screening. You should also have a minimum of five credits in NECO, SSCE, or GCE O’ Level in not more than two sittings. For those aiming to pursue Medicine and Surgery, Dentistry, or Physiotherapy, it’s mandatory to have five O’level credits including Mathematics, English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, achieved in just one sitting.
- Direct Entry Candidates: If you’ve already applied through JAMB and chosen UNIMED as your most preferred institution for 2023/2024, you’re also eligible. Candidates should have at least ten points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, or a B.Sc. (Hons) Degree/ Diploma in Basic Medical or Basic Science subjects with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division). If you’re applying for Medicine and Surgery or Dentistry, a minimum of thirteen points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects is required, alongside a Second Class Upper B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in any Basic Medical Science courses. For the Nursing Science programme, eligibility extends to holders of the RN or RM Certificates from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Steps to Apply for the 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening
To apply, head to the University website at www.unimed.edu.ng and follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Admission’, then ‘Post-UTME’ to access the portal.
- Select ‘PAYMENT’ to make your payment using a debit card.
- After payment, print your Payment Receipt.
- Log into the Post-UTME Portal with your UTME/DE Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID to complete your screening form.
What’s Next: Post-UTME Screening and Further Steps
Details regarding the examination dates, venue, and other relevant procedures will be communicated to validly registered candidates in August 2023.
Candidates should note the importance of bringing the necessary documents to the screening venue, including the JAMB 2023 UTME Notification of Results Slip/Registration Slip for Direct-Entry Candidates, and a printed copy of the completed 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening slip. Additionally, Direct Entry candidates are required to arrange for their official academic transcripts to be sent directly to the UNIMED Registrar’s office.
Beware of Scams
UNIMED has stated unequivocally that it has no admission agents. Authentic information on admission into UNIMED’s programmes can be found at the university’s website or the Admissions Unit at the UNIMED Laje Campus in Ondo City. Payments for the purchase of forms should be made only through the official UNIMED platform. Engaging with unofficial individuals or making payments into individual accounts is strongly discouraged and is done at your own risk.
If you have any question concerning UNIMED Post UTME Form 2023, kindly drop your comments in the comment section below and we will get back to you promptly. Also share this article with your friends to also inform them.