The Garden Top Hotel is a 4-star hotel with the goal of always going above and beyond what our customers expect by providing excellent services, great facilities, and new ideas that always go above and beyond. We are committed to giving our business and leisure travelers a warm, friendly, and memorable stay every time. We do this by taking care of and training our staff so that they are happy and proud of what they do while following our social responsibilities.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Location: Amuwo Odofin, Lagos
Report to: Executive Chef
- Manage And Provide Efficient, Prompt, Trouble-free, Courteous and quality Kitchen Service.
- Assists Pastry Chef to monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as Flour, sugar, etc. and make appropriate orders within the budget.
- Assists Pastry Chef to check quality of material and condition used for cooking.
- Assists Pastry Chef to Guide and motivate Pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Assists Pastry Chef to maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Must have in depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
- Must have great attention to detail and creativity.
- Assists Pastry Chef to ensure pastries and cakes are appealing to customer sight and taste.
- Must be willing to replenish professional knowledge.
- Must have proven experience as Pastry Chef, or Baker.
Security, Health and Safety:
- Ensures that ingredients quality meets state standards.
- Notifies the Pastry Chef, Executive Chef, Food and beverage Manager regarding equipment MalFunction.
- Reports all potential and real hazards appropriately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities.
- Interested applicants should possess OND from a culinary school.
- 2 – 7 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: hrmanager-ng@