The job position for a Mechanical Technician at ABNL limited is open for interested applicants. ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992 as an Oil and Gas servicing company with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation, the company has grown in leaps and bounds, expanding its business horizon, but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician I
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Assignment Type:Offshore Rotation
Work Schedule: 3wk on / 3wk off – 21 days on / 21 days off
- Technicians are assigned to carry out maintenance work. This can either be an ExxonMobil (XOM) employee or a Contractor resource.
- Typically reports to a supervisor.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the use of all on-the-job safety tools
- Review job packs
- Identify any safety issues associated with job end and ensure removal/mitigation prior to working
- Execute work as planned
- Record technical history as required by the workgroup. (Global Reliability Tool (GRT), data sheet, etc.)
- Provide feedback on job pack improvements to Execution FLS
- Request permits and notify Supervisor if permit cannot be issued within 30 minutes of requested time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree with 5 – 30 years relevant work experience.
- Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience
- Effective communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
- Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.