LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022
This is to inform all intending candidates that the management of Lagos State University, has officially commence the sale of Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form for 2021/2022 academic session. See courses, requirement and how to obtain LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Form below.
LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Courses, Duration & Requirements
A. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
PROFESSION MASTER OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS [MBE]
- Candidates to be considered for the Professional Master Degree of Business Economics must possess, at least:
- A Second (2rd) Class lower Division Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management, Marketing, Accounting, Public Administration, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related fields.
- LASU Post-Graduate Diploma with a minimum of 50% cumulative weighted average.
- Applicants with Postgraduate Diploma from other Universities with CGPA of 3.50 and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Third (3rd) Class Honours Degree, along with Postgraduate Diploma of 3.50 CGPA and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible for admission for this Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) plus Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree in Business Economics;
- Applicants are also required to possess Five (5) O’Level Credits of GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB in English language, Maths, Economics and any other Two (2) subject or in combination with Advanced Level papers.
- Applicants with any one (1) O’Level deficiency relevant to the Degree entry requirements earlier permitted at the point of First Degree can be considered for admission.
- Applicants with one (1) O’Level deficiency would be subjected to University template to remedy it by taking prescribed relevant internal additional undergraduate courses (within Lagos State University) at appropriate additional fee.
Duration of programme:
- The minimum duration for the programme is Four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters. The programme is a Professional Degree. Upon successful completion of the programme, candidates with a minimum of CGPA of 3.5 can progress to the Professional
Doctorate Degree of Business Economics.
- Regulations governing award of the degree include:
- Examination shall be conducted in accordance with the regulation of the Postgraduate School, Lagos State University, Ojo.
- To qualify for the award of the Masters of Business Economics (MBE), candidates must register and pass a minimum of 36 units including Dissertation (Project). The average mark for the programme is based on grade scores in all the courses taken including Dissertation (project). Examination grades in each course are recorded as percentage marks.
- Satisfy all requirements as stipulated in the regulations of the Postgraduate School.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS]
- The criteria for admission into Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS] Professional Programme shall be as follows:
- All candidates must possess a minimum of Five O’ Level Credit Passes which must include English Language.
- All candidates must possess Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Management Sciences, Science or any other relevant field of specialization with at least a Third (3rd) Class Division from Lagos State University or any other Institutions recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University. Candidate with HND, not less than lower credit or professional certificate in security management, law enforcement, international relations, strategic studies or security studies can also apply.
- Mature candidates of 30 years of age and above with [insufficient] less than Five (5) credits at O’ Level certificate including English Language or Mathematics, but with at least Ten (10) years working experience in relevant organizations will be allowed on the programme. Such candidates will, however, have to meet the University admission requirements before they can utilize the Postgraduate Diploma for admission into the Master Degree programmes of the Centre
DURATION: Part-Time: A minimum of Two (2) semesters
B. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY [MIT]
- The MIT programme is open to candidates with the following qualifications, provided that the candidate has Five (5) credit in any subject of which English Language and Mathematics must be included:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or any related discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or any related discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business Management discipline Second (2rd) class lower division] and a minimum of Three (3) years IT-related experience;
- Higher National Diploma in any Computing, Electrical/Electronic discipline [Upper credit] and a minimum of Three (3) years IT-related experience;
- Holders of professional certificates from recognized institutions/bodies such as CPN, ICAN, ANAN, CIBN, CIS, CITN or other similar/related certification with a minimum of five  years’ experience in conducting IT-related services.
DURATION: Part-Time: A minimum of Four (4) semesters and maximum of Six (6) semesters.
All candidates seeking admission to the MIT programme must show evidence that they have done introduction to Computer Science/Computer Appreciation/Computer Literacy or any Computer-related course at undergraduate level
C. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
With areas of specializations:
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Business Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Health Care Management and
- Oil, Gas and Energy Management
- Risk Management
- Graduates of Lagos State University and holder of a Degree recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University with minimum of Second (2rd) Class Lower. Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with Third (3rd) Class or Pass Degree, plus Postgraduate Diploma.
- Holders of Professional qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, CIPM or any other Professional qualification approved by the Senate of Lagos State University in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Engineering and Allied disciplines. Such a candidate may be considered for admission based on such qualification.
- HND with Upper Credit in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Engineering and Allied disciplines provided that such candidate presents a PGD in relevant disciplines.
- All candidates must possess Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than Two (2) sittings.
- A minimum of Three (3) years post qualification and post NYSC working experience in a reputable organization.
Duration: Minimum of Four (4) semesters and maximum of Six (6) semesters.
How to Apply for LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form
Applicants are required to pay the sum of Twenty Five Thousand Three Hundred Naira (N25,300.00) non-refundable application fee into LASU Account on Line. All applicants shall be required to sit for qualifying Entrance Examination on the Main Campus, Ojo, Lagos.
NOTE: Visit the University website www.lasu.edu.ng for information on admission requirements and mode of payment for application fee.
CLOSING DATE: Sale of application forms will be closed Four (4) weeks from the date of this publication.
Application forms for all programmes should be submitted on-line and a copy of the e-Registration slip printed out by the applicant.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignment or on their current Postgraduate Programmes need not apply.
- All academic transcripts must be received latest Two (2) weeks after the close of sale of forms.
- Request for transfer of processed application forms from one Department to another will not be entertained.
- Candidates must personally attend the selection and written examinations as make-up test will not be conducted.
- Please include your E-mail address/ phone number on the form.
For further information, please contact:
The Prin. Asst. Registrar/Secretary,
Lagos State University, Ojo.