LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022
This is to inform all intending candidates that the management of Lagos State University, has officially commence the sale of Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form for 2021/2022 academic session. See courses, requirement and how to obtain LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Form below.
LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Courses, Duration & Requirements
A. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
PROFESSION MASTER OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS [MBE]
- Candidates to be considered for the Professional Master Degree of Business Economics must possess, at least:
- A Second (2rd) Class lower Division Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management, Marketing, Accounting, Public Administration, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related fields.
- LASU Post-Graduate Diploma with a minimum of 50% cumulative weighted average.
- Applicants with Postgraduate Diploma from other Universities with CGPA of 3.50 and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Third (3rd) Class Honours Degree, along with Postgraduate Diploma of 3.50 CGPA and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible for admission for this Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) plus Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree in Business Economics;
- Applicants are also required to possess Five (5) O’Level Credits of GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB in English language, Maths, Economics and any other Two (2) subject or in combination with Advanced Level papers.
- Applicants with any one (1) O’Level deficiency relevant to the Degree entry requirements earlier permitted at the point of First Degree can be considered for admission.
- Applicants with one (1) O’Level deficiency would be subjected to University template to remedy it by taking prescribed relevant internal additional undergraduate courses (within Lagos State University) at appropriate additional fee.
Duration of programme:
- The minimum duration for the programme is Four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters. The programme is a Professional Degree. Upon successful completion of the programme, candidates with a minimum of CGPA of 3.5 can progress to the Professional
Doctorate Degree of Business Economics.
- Regulations governing award of the degree include:
- Examination shall be conducted in accordance with the regulation of the Postgraduate School, Lagos State University, Ojo.
- To qualify for the award of the Masters of Business Economics (MBE), candidates must register and pass a minimum of 36 units including Dissertation (Project). The average mark for the programme is based on grade scores in all the courses taken including Dissertation (project). Examination grades in each course are recorded as percentage marks.
- Satisfy all requirements as stipulated in the regulations of the Postgraduate School.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS]
- The criteria for admission into Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS] Professional Programme shall be as follows:
- All candidates must possess a minimum of Five O’ Level Credit Passes which must include English Language.
- All candidates must possess Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Management Sciences, Science or any other relevant field of specialization with at least a Third (3rd) Class Division from Lagos State University or any other Institutions recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University. Candidate with HND, not less than lower credit or professional certificate in security management, law enforcement, international relations, strategic studies or security studies can also apply.
- Mature candidates of 30 years of age and above with [insufficient] less than Five (5) credits at O’ Level certificate including English Language or Mathematics, but with at least Ten (10) years working experience in relevant organizations will be allowed on the programme. Such candidates will, however, have to meet the University admission requirements before they can utilize the Postgraduate Diploma for admission into the Master Degree programmes of the Centre
DURATION: Part-Time: A minimum of Two (2) semesters
B. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE