La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited Recruitment for Graduates, 2022
Apply now! La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited. As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
La Fayette Microfinance Bank is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Junior Network Administrator
Job Reference: JNA/LAF/18
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Junior IT Officer will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
La Fayette Microfinance Bank – Main Responsibilities and Task
- To manage and maintain the computer equipment, software, applications and telecom and optimize its use.
- To manage the cabling: connection, change, maintenance, ventilation and fault detection.
- To install, update and configure the operating system and applications of the user’s environment: desk, services and network.
- To monitor daily operations.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Minimum of first Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related course of study is required. Relevant professional qualification(s) and certification(s) will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role with General knowledge of systems and network architecture. Good knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating system and Knowledge of Radio and Telecom will be an asset.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organising, prioritising and multitasking
- Cisco CCNA or other related certification required.
Job Title: Deposit Officer / Mobile Teller
Job Reference: DOMT/LAF/18
Locations: Oyo, Kwara and Lagos
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Prospect potential clients and follow up through regular contact with prospects
- Manage the relationship with clients in the portfolio to ensure maximum clients satisfaction and retention.
- Organize an efficient schedule that will allow regular meetings with clients and maximized performance.
- Identify clients’ needs in order to cross sell effectively.
- Monitor the deposits of the clients under supervision
- Grow the individual deposit portfolio in line with the targets set by the Management by offering quality service and selling products that fit the particular clients’ needs.
- Accordingly answer clients’ questions and complaints related to Advans LFMFB products and services.
- Participate in the promotion of Advans LFMFB products and services by informing
- prospects as well as clients.
- Propose new products/services to management.
Field Cash Collection activities:
- Collect clients’ deposits, and deposit the money collected directly into clients’ accounts.
- Ensure all cash transactions are done according to LFMFB policies and procedures.
- Respect AML/KYC policies by identifying all the clients and reporting any suspicious transaction.
- Report any cash shortage or overage to the immediate superior / Branch manager
- Encourage clients to make deposits on their Advans account.
- Create new clients and accounts on the field.
Organization and control:
- Cash counts and controls: ensure and control the conformity of transactions with collected cash and monitoring tools
- Ensure compliance of all operations performed with Advans policies and procedures.
- Share information and best practices with other Deposit Officers / Mobile Tellers
- Report all the issues related to the job to the Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any course of study from approved university or polytechnic is a Must.
- Applicant must not be older than 35 years of age.
Job Title: Client Assistant / Teller
Job Reference: CA/LAF/18
Locations: Oyo, Kwara and Lagos
- To welcome and inform the customers and potential customers at the branch
- To open accounts for new customers
- To conduct information meetings organized in the branch for potential clients
- To participate to collective prospection and other commercial activities in the market areas with the client officers