12th CONVOCATION: Information to NOUN Graduands
Treat as important: This is to inform all Graduands of the National Open University of Nigeria(NOUN), of the forthcoming 12th convocation ceremony of the institution.
The managements of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), has announced the 12th convocation ceremony programmes events, here are some useful information from the school Authorities to all graduands
Important Information to NOUN Graduands
- A) All those who have completed their programmes and have been cleared for convocation are to sign for and receive academic gowns and hoods from their respective Study Centres with effect from Monday, 20th February 2023.
They are required to present the following for sighting at the points of collection of the items:
- Evidence of payment of a fee of Twenty Thousand (N20,000.00) via remita for the use of Academic gowns and Convocation Register.
- A duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study Centre.
- Graduands are requested to duly complete and print the Alumni membership form which is accessible through this link – www.advancementlinkages.nou.edu.ng. Completed forms must be submitted to the Alumni Desk Officer.
Please note that Academic gowns and hoods must be returned to the respective Study Centres no later than Monday, 3rd April, 2023.
- B) All First-class graduands; 1st-degree graduands in study centres in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT); Award winners; PGD graduands; Master’s degree and PhD graduands are requested to assemble at the designated location(s) at the Convocation Arena on Saturday, 25th March 2023 between 8.00 a.m. and 9.00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on queue according to their Faculties.
NO ONE, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE VENUE, AFTER 9:00 A.M.
- C) Commercial Photographers/Video Operators who intend to operate at the University Headquarters, Abuja are requested to register to obtain clearance form from Bursary Department at the Headquarters, Jabi- Abuja, from Monday, 6th March, 2023. Other interested operators outside Abuja are to register and obtain clearance form from Study Centre Directors at the various state capitals.
- D) I. All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. The Security Officers will strictly enforce the “No gown, No entry” policy
- No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands are advised, without exception, to comply with this directive.
All guests of the University (properly identified with their invitation cards) are to be seated on or before 8.30 a.m.
III. Parking lots have been provided for use at the designated areas within the University Campuses. Guests are to park their cars in areas indicated in their Invitation Cards.
- E) Graduands are now at liberty to commence the various steps of clearance at their respective Study Centres.
- F) Graduands are hereby informed that certificates are ready for collection and will be distributed from Monday 3rd – Saturday 8th April, 2023 at the various State Capital Study Centres only. This exercise will be from 8:00am – 5:00pm each day.
Congratulations to all graduands we wish well in their future endeavours.