IBBUL Postgraduate Admission 2021/2022. The Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University wishes to inform the general public that the latest Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2021/2022 Academic Session is available for those who want to further their academic career in the university.
Therefore, all interested candidates who are qualified for the post graduate programme are advised to read this post to the end to know the available courses, requirements, methods of procurement of the form, filling and submitting of the form for online assessment.
All prospective candidates ought to visit the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai portal using the link which is available in this post for more detailed information on how to help you prepare for studies. Kindly note the accompanying info:
This is to inform the general public that online sale of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State, Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2021/2022 Academic Session commences Friday 10th June, 2022.
All interested applicants should visit the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai website portal ibbu.edu.ng/pgapp for details of available courses, requirements, details of purchase, filling and submission of the online forms. Please note the following information:
1. The cost of each application form is N20, 300.00 only.
2. Sale of application forms and submission end on 31st August, 2022.
3. The phone number and e-mail addresses of the applicant should reflect in the online application form
4. The phone numbers and e-mail address of the applicant’s referees should be included in the online application form.
5. Applicants are to ensure that they meet the basic entry requirements of five O’Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings. Candidates for English Language and English Literature programmes must have at least a credit in Literature at O’Level.
6. All candidates are to present themselves for physical screening on a date to be communicated via sms later at the University Main campus Lapai
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VARIOUS POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes Applicants must possess:
▪ A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Third-Class Degree
▪ HND from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit
▪ NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
▪ 5 O’ Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
▪ Any other qualification acceptable to the Senate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
2. Master’s Programmes, Applicant must possess:
▪ Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second-Class Lower Division honours from a recognised institutions.
▪ NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter.
5 O’ Level credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
▪ Candidates for English Language and Literature must possess credit in O’Level Literature in English
▪ Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
▪ Minimum duration of the Masters degree is 18 months.
▪ The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus( Field Base)
3. Ph.D. Degree Programmes (applicants must possess):
Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programme of IBB University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of IBB University or any other University recognized by the Senate of IBB University in the relevant discipline. To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D. degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent of 60% in Master’s (M.A.,M.Sc and M Ed) degree result. Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.00-3.49 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (55-59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil./Ph.D. programme in the respective discipline.
Candidates with professional Master’s degrees may be admitted for MPhil/PhD. programme provided they have obtained M.Sc. degrees in relevant fields. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates. Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the PhD. programme.
All correspondences should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
P.M.B. 11, Lapai, Niger State, Nigeria.
Mobile Phone Number: 07068800094, 08034511406