Financial Controller at WTS Energy. This is to inform the general public that the WTS Energy are looking for an employer to fill in the position of Financial Controller. This is a renowned energy company in Nigeria. Kindly check below to find out the eligibility and how to apply for this position.
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Financial Controller will direct and oversee all financial functions of the Project, create and drives a culture of financial discipline and prudence in all transactions and resource allocations.
- He/She will be required to keep complete and accurate accounting records at all times and present reports on all financial transactions to the Project Team, Project Promoters and any other 3rd parties that may be required.
- The Finance controller is responsible for ensuring that all foreign currency payments are made in accordance with contracted terms and budgeted exchange rates.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Project Team and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the Project’s operations and business plans.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts and coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Adherence to all approved guidelines and policies in daily operations.
- Ensure that the project is executed within the approved project costs, manage all loan interface with the banks and plan the project cashflows.
Financial Control and Risk Management:
- Develop and Propose clear Financial Policies and Guidelines that will guide all financial activities of the Project.
- Ensure there is strict adherence to all procedures and policies in daily activities.
- Manage open positions arising from foreign currency transactions and ensure that limits set are adhered to
Cash Flow Management:
- Manage the Cash Flow Planning Process and report actual cash flow performance. Identify possible funding gaps and advise on funding sources.
- Ensure efficient use of financial resources leading to a shorter cash conversion cycle and high productivity.
- Execute appropriate strategies to monitor and control all financial activities that critical to timely completion of the Project.
- Financial Reporting and General Administration.
- Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties. Provide real-time and reconciled, accurate financial information by 3rd day after month-end. Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Manage any financial interface between the organization and the Project Promoters and ensure proper accounting records exist to validate transactions and balances.
- Keep a proper record of all contributions made by the Promoters (Joint Venture Partners) and present same to the Promoters on demand and on a regular basis.
- Coordinate proper filing of tax returns, ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions. Ensure the annual Financial Report is in line with IFRS standards.
- Ensure that regular, accurate and detailed financial reports are presented to the Project Team and to the Project Promoters which are free from misstatement, material errors and represent the financial position of the project at the time of reporting
Insurance and Tax Affairs:
- Ensure full compliance with all Federal, State and local government tax regimes and reporting requirements in all geographies where the business has a business presence. Ensure remittances are made on time and filing of returns are achieved within the stipulated time in the tax laws:
- Manage the interface between the Project and Tax Consultants, Insurance brokers, Tax authorities and other statutory bodies involving the Project’s Finances.
- Manage the interface between Company and External Auditors, Tax Consultants, Insurance brokers, etc.
- Perform all any other function as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Embody the Project Team leadership Qualities and promotion of Project’s values at all Time
Job Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. ACCA/ACA.
- MSc/MBA is an added advantage.
- 6 – 10 years of relevant Experience in Financial Management and Controls
- Goods knowledge and use of Microsoft Office packages & ERP systems
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development.
- Problem solving
- Execution & Delegation Skills
- Decision Making
- Communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online