AGI Foundation… Supports educational, scientific, and charitable activities that benefit the geoscience community, member societies and associates of the American Geosciences Institute, and the public at large, and Assists the Institute in seeking funding support for specific programs and endowments and in developing partnerships with corporations, private foundations, and other funding organizations.
AGI Foundation, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Hours: Full time
Term: Short Term Hire (3 months probation)
Reporting to: President
- You will work in close collaboration with the president to provide back end support of operations during this start-up period.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of finance, general administration, human resources, procurement, logistical and common services support to the Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with suppliers; ensure availability of day-to-day office items
- Make travel arrangements
- Maintain proper documentation of program activities
- Monitoring and overseeing activities of vendors
- Management of the organisations administrative operations and human resources
- Manage reception: act as first point of call for all external communications including general email, post and telephone enquires
- Support communications through social media and website updates
- Verify records, complete monthly bank reconciliations and annual accounts
- Procurement of goods and services
- Management and monitoring of organisations assets
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Management of the organisations finance operations
- Manage day to day book keeping of financial transactions – input all income and expenditure; produce monthly reports
- Process payments and donations
- Prepare and process statements of donations received
- Record and reconcile donations received
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a similar position
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Behavioural and Functional Competencies:
- Ability to pay excellent attention to detail
- Strong influencing/interpersonal capability
- Experience in the use of Excel and accounting software
- High level of proficiency in the use of spreadsheets
- Advanced knowledge of contracts, local laws and regulations such as VAT, TAX, Payroll etc.
- Ability to prioritise work
- Exceptional numerical skills
- High level of integrity
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply for AGI Foundation Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline Not Specified.