Wavetra Energy Limited Job for Senior Solar PV Instructor/Engineer, 2020
Apply Now! Wavetra Energy LTD. (RC 1404420) is the leading player in Nigeria’s solar energy system market. We help home and business owners replace electricity they would otherwise purchase from the utility company or diesel generator with clean, and free energy produced by a solar system from Wavetra Energy.
Job Title: Senior Solar PV Instructor/Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Functions primarily as a Technical Instructor for Wavetra Energy Academy as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. May provide technical guidance/training over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
- Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This position may involve a wide variety of diverse assignments, including:
- Lead and contribute to projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modeling, conceptual design, and strategic planning.
- Provide expert consultation on solar PV plant components such as modules, inverters, meteorological stations, and trackers.
- Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement, including for engineer-procure-construct (EPC) projects.
- Contribute to business development with key clients including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development, and relationship management.
- The position will also include exposure to other renewable technologies: biomass, wind, geothermal, hydro, etc.
- Through own knowledge and design, coordinate and lead training programs (outsourced or in-house) for on-boarding of our independent contractors/channel partners who are or want to become successful solar installation companies.
- With excellence in detail and design, develop and deliver high-impact learning through utilization of multi-media approaches to maximize participation, effectiveness, comprehension and application.
- Create comprehensive, brilliant, yet simple training presentation materials including facilitator guides, participant guides, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, games, assessments, etc.
- Successfully navigate the important and complex relationships with our partners, which includes effectively mentoring individuals from executive staff to field personnel on various matters from financial statements and cash flow management to technical aspects of our products.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training through KPIs assessed in training exit interviews our testing.
- Partner with senior level internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design results.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records approach and details.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical field, or experience in building and delivering training
- Excellent organizational skills to coordinate all aspects of this position.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Must have very strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Detail oriented with the ability to follow through on multiple projects.
- Ability to work as a team member and interact with other departments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrate both analytical and creative capabilities.
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Aptitude to effectively communicate with peers, senior management and partners.
- Ability to effectively and accurately transmit, receive and interpret data through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent analytical, econometrical and statistical skills.
- Eagerness to take ownership of the function.
- Team player that behaves ethically, with highest degree of integrity at all times.
- Identify, manage, and grow new business offerings.
- Represent Wavetra Energy LTD through speaking engagements and participation in industry meetings.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Science/engineering.
- Certificates from a recognized and accredited program will be considered.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com. Only Candidates with experience in training people will be selected for interview.