LASU Declares Election Break for Students, Staff
This is to notify all students ands staffs of the Lagos State University, (LASU) that the school Authorities has ordered for a recession for both students and staffs due to the General Election that will be held on Saturday, the 25th of February ,2023 and Saturday March 11th 2023.
In the Emergency meeting held on Monday, 13th February, 2023, the Senate reviewed a document presented by the Vice-Chancellor and Senate Chairman. The consideration of the ministerial Directive to close all Universities and Inter-University Centers for the session of the General Election was the subject of the documents.
During the discussion of the document, the Senate observed:
- the 2023 general elections are dated for Saturday, February 25, 2023, for the presidency and the national assembly, and Saturday, March 11, 2023, for the governorship and the state assembly, respectively; and
- in light of (i) above, and the concerns expressed about the security of the institution’s staff, students, and property, the Honorable Minister of Education, Mal. Adamu Adamu has directed that all Universities and Inter-University Centers be closed and academic activities be suspended between February 22nd and March 14th, 2023.
After careful study, the Senate approved the following:
- The ongoing examination should continue up to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, 23rd February 2023;
- Students should vacate the campus immediately and resume to continue their examinations by 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, 28th February 2023;
- Students should vacate the campus by 6:00 p. m. on Thursday, 9th, March 2023, to resume to continue their examination by 8:00 a. m. on Tuesday, 14th March 2023; and
- Staff members are to be on ground to carry out their duties.