Consultant at the Center for Clinical Research Recruitment
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. Consultant at the Center for Clinical Research has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners, and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position for Consultant at the Center for Clinical Research Recruitment below:
Job Title: Consultant
Locations: Akwa Ibom and Cross River
Period of Performance: Akwa Ibom 8 days and Cross River 8 days (July –August 2022)
Contract Type: Fixed Price
- The State Priority Agenda (SPA) for Vulnerable Children aligns with the National Priority Agenda as a strategic framework which guides the multi-sectoral operationalization of the objectives and strategies of Nigeria Vision 2020.
- The aim is to ensure the protection of the most vulnerable children in Akwa Ibom and Cross River states and reduce child poverty.
- This is to assess the implementation of OVC programs and develop a new strategic framework, in line with the current realities and emerging issues affecting the protection of orphans and vulnerable children in the respective State using the new NPA as reference.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Consultant will:
- Review and assess the expired SPA for Vulnerable Children (VC) of the state where exist. The outcome and findings from the review must inform the content of the new strategic framework. The new document will also include the new and emerging issues affecting the well-being and protection of VC in in the respective states. The consultant must ensure that the new strategic framework aligns with laws, charters, programs for the respective state and national which contribute to improving the lives and protection of vulnerable children. Conduct Assessment of the implementation of the expiring SPA for VC in the state including a SWOT analysis. The consultant will design and develop the protocol, data collection tools and framework for the assessment and strategy plan.
- Prepare and present a report of the findings of the review for the state to the stakeholders and work with the stakeholders to produce contents for the identified objectives, strategies and activities.
- Conduct desk review to identify state, national and international laws, charters, and programs that should aligned with the new strategic framework for VC response in the states from 2022-2030.
- Design, plan and facilitate theSPA review process/workshops, consultative meetings, process review meetings, and validation meetings either virtual or in-person as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate involvement of stakeholders from the community to the state level in the review process.
- Present the finalized costed strategic framework to SMWA, CCCRN, and SPA review team for approval within the specified time frame.
The following tasks will be carried out by the Consultant:
|Description of Task
|Brief senior management on work plan and conceptual framework.
|Literature review/desk review
|Review of literatures and reports will include state, national and international laws, charters, guidelines, and programs that should aligned with the new strategic framework/plan for VC response in the states from 2022-2030. The outcome and findings from the review and assessment for VC in the 2 States must inform the content of the new strategic framework. The new document will also include the new and emerging issues affecting the well-being and protection of VC in in the respective states.
Recommended documents: 1999 Constitution 2018 (as amended), AI and CR Child Rights Law (CRL) 2008, Violence Against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) law 2020, Labour Act, State and National policy on Education, Nigeria Economic sustainability plan (NESP-2020), National Priority Agenda (NPA) and SDG 2030, SMWASW vision and mission, 2008 Situation Analysis of OVC in Nigeria, National Demographic Health Survey 2013, Ending Violence Against Children in Nigeria 2014, State level assessment reports relevant to the plan, Social protection in Nigeria- mapping programs and their effectiveness and other relevant documents.
The review will also include reports on relevant studies and programs implemented in the state on child protection and welfare, HIV/AIDS and related areas. Key search terms include HIV, AIDS, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, children, vulnerable, social, protection, welfare, rights, education, shelter, violence, abuse, poverty, etc
|Consultants develops framework for workshop.
Present Review initial framework and adapt. Present framework to the review committees.
Committee review findings from desk review
|Develop contents to feed in the framework
|Finalize strategy frameworks
|Final review of contents using inputs from the workshop.
Harmonize feedback from workshop meetings and update the strategic framework.
|Lead the review and validation meetings for the SPA
|Lead the costing meeting for the activities
|Final report and SPA document
|Consultants finalize the reviews and feedback.
Present the finalized strategy plan to the SMWA, CCCRN for approval.
Deliverables in Mile Stones
- M1: Finalized calendar /work plan for the consultancy.
- M2: Approvedwork plan and strategy plan framework.
- M3: Approved report on the findings from review, update and development of SPA for Cross River and Akwa Ibom
- M4: Draft SPA for review and Validation.
- M5: Activity reports
- M6: All supporting materials for sessions (case studies, PowerPoints, flip charts, etc.):
- M7: Finalized State strategy plan for OVC 2022 – 2030
- M8: Final Approved Consultancy Report
- M9: Final validated SPA for Cross River and Akwa Ibom states
Reporting and Work Relationships:
- The consultant will report to the CCCRN and Director Child, SMWA in the respective state.
- The consultant will work in close collaboration with the review team who will approve activities to be implemented by the Consultant. The consultant will co-facilitate with designated members of the review team who will be responsible for:
- Assisting during on-site pre-workshop planning
- Facilitating selected sessions or exercises
- Attending daily, post-activities facilitator monitoring meetings
- Assisting with the production of last-minute or revised materials in known language as required during the training.
- The consultant will have access to members of the review team to make the work easy and facilitate the process.
- Total Number of Days: 8 Akwa Ibom and 8 days Cross River
Qualification and Requirements
The candidate must possess the following qualification and experience to be hired for the position:
- At least a Degree in Sociology, Social Work Public Health, or any other related course (a Master’s degree and other higher qualifications are an added advantage)
- A child expert (protection, case management, programming, etc.)
- Over 10 years of experience implementing the OVC program in Nigeria. He/she must demonstrate a sound understanding of the issues affecting VC nationally and globally.
- Experience carrying out a similar assignment at either sub-regional or national level.
- Experience planning and facilitating sub-national and national technical meetings and workshops.
- Demonstrated skills in qualitative research methods required.
- Demonstrated capacity to analyze complex issues, draw relevant conclusions and produce a comprehensive technical report.
- Experience in multi-level stakeholder engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience, successfully interacting with USG implementing partners, federal and state government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders
- Cultural sensitivity, particularly in multiethnic and multi-religious contexts.
- Fluency in English
- Strong writing skills
- All travel arrangements should be accommodated and arranged by the Consultants.
Payment will be based on satisfactory completion of milestones as shown:
|First payment: completion of M1-and M2
|Second payment: completion of M3-M6
|Final payment: completion of M7- M9 with Final SPA submitted
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV/resume and cover letter form.